PCHS STUDENT ACCOUNT
PCHS Student Online Account Video
This short 6 minute tutorial will walk students through the basics of their PCHS student online accounts. This video covers the following topics:
- How to figure out your USERNAME and PASSWORD
- How to change your password
- Main PCHS Online Educational Technology Systems
- Using Single Sign On (SSO) to access your multiple accounts
We highly recommend each student watch this video before trying to access their accounts.
HOW DO I FIGURE OUT WHAT MY LOGIN AND PASSWORD ARE?
How to Change Your PCHS Account Password
- Sign in to https://go.palihigh.org/login with your school account.
- Go to Settings > Password > Change your password
- Enter your old password.
- Create a new password and confirm it.
- Select Submit to finish and change your password.
Setting up your PCHS Single Sign-On (SSO) Account Self-Service Password Reset
This short tutorial will walk students through the basics how to set up their SSO account. When students login for the first time with their default password they are forced to set up Self Service Password Reset which allows students to reset their own passwords. Students will set it up using personal information for verification like: personal cellphone, personal email, answers to 5 security questions.
STUDENT CHROMEBOOK LOANER FORMS
SETTING UP YOUR CHROMEBOOK PCHS_WIFI
RESPONDUS LOCKDOWN BROWSER
STUDENTS WITH PERSONALLY OWNED BYOD CHROMEBOOKS MUST GO TO THE TECH OFFICE TO GET THE RESPONDUS LOCKDOWN BROWSER KIOSK APP INSTALLED. IPADS CAN DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR FREE IN THE APP STORE.
LOGGING INTO YOUR CHROME BROWSER
Signing In to Chrome
DOWNLOAD and install the Chrome browser and open a Google Chrome window.
- Locate the small person silhouette in the upper-right hand corner of the browser window, then click on it. This icon is called the Profile Switcher If you're into keyboard shortcuts, CTL + Shift + M (Windows) or ⌘ + Shift + M (Mac) will also open the Profile Switcher.
- Click Turn on sync...
Sign into your PCHS Google account.
- Enter your PCHS username (which is your PCHS Google email) in the box where it asks for your “Email or phone”
- Click Next
This will take your to your PCHS SSO login screen (Microsoft account).
- Enter your PCHS username (which is your PCHS Google email) again
- Click Next. It will then ask you to put in your password.
Once you’ve entered your SSO credentials it will take you to a verification screen. Click Continue.
Another dialog box will appear asking if you want to “Link your Chrome data to this account?” Click Link Data.
This will take you to another screen asking if you want to “Turn on sync?” Click Yes, I’m in.
Benefits of Signing into Chrome
Now that you're signed in, we'll go over some of the benefits of signing into Chrome.
PCHS maintains a set of web bookmarks to useful links to websites and services that we use frequently in the organization. You can view these bookmarks by clicking on the folder labeled “pchs.palihigh.org Bookmarks” in bookmarks toolbar. The pchs.palihigh.org bookmark list is customized for different parts of the organization, but you should see a list of bookmarks similar to the ones below:
School and Personal Accounts: You Gotta Keep 'Em Separated!
Pretty much anyone who has a personal Google account in addition to their PCHS account has encountered this screen before:
These permission issues come up when you try and access a PCHS document, but Google isn't sure whether it should be using your PCHS account or your personal account to do this. One solution to this issue is to follow the advice of the 90s punk rock band The Offspring: Keep em' Separated. You can do this by maintaining two Chrome profiles: one for PCHS and one for personal stuff.
- To add another profile (like a personal account), open the Profile Switcher again by clicking on the icon or using the keyboard shortcut CTL + Shift + M (Windows) or ⌘ + Shift + M (Mac)
- Then click on Manage People:
Choose Add Person in the bottom-right corner:
The next screen will give you some options about coming up with a name and choosing a thumbnail image.
- Just type in whatever you want. It doesn’t matter because it will change to the account name later. You see that I just typed in “Personal”.
- Click Add in the bottom right-hand corner.
A new window will pop up asking you to set up your browser. Since you are adding a personal account that you already have click Already a Chrome user? Sign in
A dialogue box should pop up asking you to “Turn on sync?” with your personal account. Click Yes, I’m in.
This will bring over all your saved bookmarks and extensions from your personal account.
Now you'll have two browser profiles, one for PCHS and one for personal. They can even be open at the same time. Personally, this has been the most useful technique I've found for keeping PCHS accounts and personal accounts separate.
You can now have both accounts open and toggle between them without mixing up logins:
- Click on the Profile Picker icon.
- Select your other account from the list to switch between open browsers.
Change your profile picture to help tell them apart
One pro-tip that can help a lot with this: choose profile pictures with a lot of contrast, so it's easy to tell which one is your personal account and which one is your PCHS account.
To change your profile picture:
- Click on the Profile Picker icon
- Select Manage your Google Account
Click on the image icon above where it says “Welcome, Your Name”. If you don’t have a profile pic then it will show the first letter of your first name.
A box should pop up asking you to select the image your want. Click Select a photo from your computer and locate the file on your computer you want to use.